Cloud Computing Readiness Assessments:
GSA’s Cloud First policy mandates that agencies take full advantage of cloud computing benefits to maximize capacity utilization, improve IT flexibility and responsiveness, and minimize cost. This initiative continues to challenge Agencies and the Cloud Service Providers (CSP) serving them. Visual Soft helps our client’s understand how cloud computing models present new and different challenges as compared to traditional data centers. We are working with clients to provide answers to their most pressing questions, such as:
- Will migrating to the cloud add strategic value and fit into the way my organization currently works?
- Will my cloud deployment yield measurable cost-savings, and when?
- What business functions should I move into the cloud?
- What cloud architecture model should I deploy and how I manage the layers of the cloud stack?
- Will my cloud computing deployment offer adequate data security?
- Does my cloud computing deployment offer on demand scalability and load balancing?
- What is the impact on my organization if cloud provider experiences and outage?
- How is my data backed up to ensure availability?
- Should I be concerned about lock-in?
Common challenges clients face include management issues such as leadership and governance, operational issues such as organizational competency and cloud security and technology issues such as cloud service models and migration challenges. Visual Soft is helping Federal clients meet these challenges by assessing cloud readiness in all these areas and providing roadmaps and blueprints for moving to the cloud based on a developed understanding of the client’s information assets, requirements and risk, and the expected return on investment of cloud computing cost savings.